How is Vikki working for YOU?
School Leadership and Volunteer Work
- Serves as Secretary of the PTO
- Member of the SIAC (Student Improvement Advisory Council Committee)
- Provided supplemental learning through the Art Masterpiece program
- Classroom Mom, responsible for copies for teachers, planned events, and coordinated volunteers
School Fundraising Efforts
- Organized the fun run for the school earning enough funds to bring much needed reading resources to our classrooms
- Helped organize the annual Carnival, which raised funds for technology in the classrooms
- Organized book drive for classroom libraries
- Invests in education through Donor’s Choose and Clear the List Campaigns
Community Volunteer Work
- Support and Sponsor events held by the Chandler Compadres to help give back to Arizona’s youth
- Serve dinners at Paz de Cristo in Mesa
- Participate and sponsor multiple walks to raise awareness for the Deaf and the Hard of Hearing
Arizona is ranked 45th in State funding for Public schools.
What are your thoughts on this?
This is definitely a challenge for Arizona public schools; however, as a district board member, we have to make sure we stay focused on the things we can control. Voters and state legislature determine how tax dollars are spent. As a board member and a district/community member it is our responsibility to try to help influence this, and then use what we do have responsibly.
Mesa has been very fortunate to have an incredibly supportive local community. Overrides have continued to pass at the city level to help supplement what the state provides; however, with the misspending that came out late in 2019 and early 2020, our district will need to regain the community’s trust when it comes to fiscal responsibility.
Mesa Public Schools district cabinet has continued to grow even though enrollment rates have declined. It is critical to have strong administrative support for the teachers and principals; however, we need to ensure that this isn’t at the expense of providing adequate funding for the classrooms.
AZLSBA 2030 Project Public education is a cornerstone of the American Dream. Supporting public educationis the first step to reduction of crime, improved public health, greater political andcivic involvement, and economic development capable of attracting and keeping...
As an educator in Special Education that is passionate about the finances and future of Mesa Public Schools, I am excited to endorse Vikki Johnson for the Mesa Public School’s Governing Board position. I have known Vikki for over 8 years both professionally and...
It is with great enthusiasm and pride that I offer my endorsement of Vikki Johnson for the Mesa School Board. I have known Vikki for years and have taught one of her children. She was not only active within the classroom, but also offered her help and assistance...